My name is Alix Gore and I’m a recent Journalism graduate from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. I’m passionate about traveling, music, magazines, cooking, my cat, Bessie, and social media and am looking to pursue a career in the media arts and design field or in social media. This is a portfolio of sorts for now until I get alexandragore.com up and running again! It’s a work in progress!
– Social Chair of Phi Sigma Pi (Spring 2013)
– Co-Editor-in-Chief of Eagle Eye Newspaper
Computer Skills: Adobe software (Photoshop, Garageband, InDesign, and iMovie), Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and website design and maintenance (HTML, and Dreamweaver).
– Speak minimal German and Italian.
– Skilled in various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram).
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Graduated: May 2013
Major: SMAD (School of Media Arts & Design)
Concentration: Journalism, minoring in British Media and Communications
Member and Social Chair of Phi Sigma Pi, National Honors Fraternity
Jamestown High School, Williamsburg, VA
Graduated ’09 with honors in Journalism
Eagle Eye Newspaper: Double Truck Editor, and Co-Editor-in-Chief
National Honors Society
1. GigDog (virtual, based in Charlottesville, VA)
(October 2013 – Present)
Social Media/Marketing Intern
– Marketed local bands in the Charlottesville, Va. area.
– Manage the Facebook and Twitter (www.facebook.com/gigdogcville).
– Promote events and post original content.
2. Alain Vincey (Champillon, Champagne, France)
– Helped with the physical grape harvest.
– Learned about and witnessed the entire process of making champagne, from vine to glass.
3. Bearfoot Bistro (Whistler, BC, Canada)
(June 2013 – August 2013)
– Helped with opening and closing duties.
– Delivered food to customers in a timely manner and be knowledgeable about the different dishes and cooking techniques and explain them properly.
4. Madison 101 (Harrisonburg, Virginia)
(January 2013 – May 2013)
Assistant Design Editor
– Worked with the Design Editor and helped with the creative process of a 72-page magazine geared toward incoming freshmen at JMU.
– Helped with various page layouts and designs and wrote stories as well.
5. James Madison University Office of International Programs (Harrisonburg, Virginia
(June 2012 – May 2013)
Social Media Advisor
– Managed the office’s Facebook and Twitter pages and uploaded content. The Facebook page started off with around 50 “likes” and by the time I left, it had jumped to 443 “likes” (www.facebook.com/studyabroadjmu).
– Taught students about different study abroad opportunities and kept them excited about studying abroad.
6. Print and Visual Media (London, Great Britain)
(September 2011 – December 2011)
– Helped by doing research for stories, transcribed interviews, edited audio and video, and helped with basic office duties.
7. Juicy Couture (Williamsburg, Virginia)
(May 2010 – January 2011)
– Worked the register, helped with inventory and sales displays, and helped customers.
8. ALDO (Williamsburg, Virginia)
(February 2008 – August 2009)
– Communicated with customers, product sales, working the register, merchandising and setup.